St. Landry Parish School Board - 21st Century Enrichment Program:
- Designed to help students with the highest academic needs. Teachers focus on literacy as well as social-skills of students.
- Provides students in program with knowledge of the importance of eating healthy meals and snacks and being physically active every day.
Boys and Girls Club of Opelousas (C.H.E.F. CAMP):
- The club is a setting that provides a safe environment with an array of programs and activities for youth in the community.
- The camp provides youth with knowledge about nutrition, food safety and physical activity. During the summer months, the youth are involved with hands on learning by participating in a week-long C.H.E.F. Camp (Creating Healthy Enjoyable Foods). The C.H.E.F. Camp Summer Program is designed to help youth of different ages learn basic healthy cooking while using the majority of ingredients that are already in the household, food safety and using math skills to follow and measure ingredients that are used in recipes properly.
Healthy St. Landry Alliance:
- Healthy St. Landry was established to create an alliance of community partners who will engage, empower and educate St. Landry Parish residents for an improved and sustained quality of life.
- Nutritional information will is provided along with healthy cooking food demonstrations for citizens.
Sister’s Together: Move More Eat Better:
- In addition to our nutrition programs, Sister’s Together, Move More, Eat Better: is a program designed to encourage African American women to maintain a healthy weight. The sister’s learn how to become more physically active and how to prepare and eat healthier foods.